Re: I'm resigning from FreeBSD

From: Marcin Dalecki (mdcki_at_gmx.net)
Date: 12/27/03

    Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 22:48:41 +0100
    To: freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org

    Lucas Holt wrote:
    > Funny, I see people switching to *BSD from Linux all the time. I've
    > "converted" quite a few people at Western Michigan where i'm a student.
    >
    > Most people think of FreeBSD as the "new" linux. You have to think to
    > use it, as opposed to the redhat idiot wizards.

    Personally I just love a system which even detracted from defaulting
    to perl like most UNICEs out ther nowadays (AIX/Solaris).
    Boy do I hate those Java based admin tools or comparably the
    perl/python/ruby/whatever/petscriptinglanguageoftheweek
    library mess found on Linux-distros. FreeBSD gives me just what I need - an
    OS which is working - the rest is up to my choice. Even looking at the
    kernel I can't find anything strikingly in need of immediate personal
    action. Quite contrary to the Linux world where you don't have to shop
    for too long...

    However I can't find the GEOM related XML formatted sysctl, which
    was giving me bad feelings anymore...

    • Re: VS.NET is too EXPENSIVE. Developers switching rapidly from it.
      ... We have some linux ... "we're switching to Java and IntelliJ", ... Most professional databases cost money too ...
      (microsoft.public.vsnet.general)
    • Re: VS.NET is too EXPENSIVE. Developers switching rapidly from it.
      ... We have some linux ... "we're switching to Java and IntelliJ", ... Most professional databases cost money too ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Confession to make
      ... Shuttle boxes running various Linux flavours, ... Immediately I hit the first problem: pressing the page-up and page-down keys ... Press CMD-I to open the Inspector window, ... which is the standard OS X way of switching between ...
      (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
    • Re: New to Linux
      ... Adrian wrote: ... > switching my entire setup to Linux. ... > I've looked and it seems Mandrake and Redhat are the popular ones. ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: New to Linux
      ... Adrian wrote: ... > switching my entire setup to Linux. ... > I've looked and it seems Mandrake and Redhat are the popular ones. ...
      (alt.os.linux.redhat)