FreeBSD Network Implementation Question

From: Rob (capveg_at_cs.umd.edu)
Date: 04/21/05

    Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:47:26 -0400
    To: freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org

    [applogies if this is in a FAQ somewhere... I've looked in a number of places, and
    am not able to find the answer]

    Hi,

    I am trying to figure out how large a specific buffer is in FreeBSD.
    The buffer in question is the buffer between the network layer and the
    ethernet device, i.e., if packets are being passed down the network
    stack from tcp faster than the hardware can handle them, at what point
    do packets start getting dropped locally?

    I believe the answer is:

    % sysctl -a
    [snip]
     net.inet.ip.intr_queue_maxlen: 50

    But try as I might, I can't find the documentation of the variable to
    confirm it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

    Thanks,

    - Rob