Re: Updated Driver for 3945ABG Intel 3945ABG Wireless LAN controller

Mån 2007-01-08 klockan 00:05 +1030 skrev Benjamin Close:
Hi Folks,
I did the port as my searching led me to believe that progress on a
driver had stagnated.
Port 1: was done by Damien himself
(http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-mobile/2006-July/008768.html)
Port 2: was an updated version by Daminen:
http://osdir.com/ml/freebsd-hackers@xxxxxxxxxxx/msg58154.html
which seems to be duplicated here:
http://people.freebsd.org/~flz/local/wpi/
(http://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd-net@xxxxxxxxxxx/msg20710.html)
With version 2 being minor bug fixes to version 1 to try and get it
working. Since then the driver has come a long way in netbsd with the
FreeBSD version just getting older.

To others working on a wpi driver, please post something indicating what
you've done and even a sample of what your up to so we can one build one
driver that just works. I also did the driver port as everything I found
failed to work on a 64bit kernel, most the time wouldn't even compile.

Gavin Atkinson (CC'ed) is AFAIK also working on wpi(4) for FreeBSD,
according to his announcement on net@:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2006-December/012808.html

--
Joel

  • Re: [GSoC 2014] Interested in ARM bringup tasks
    ... FreeBSD to a smartphone. ... I want to port FreeBSD to the Sony Xperia Z phone. ... I have not investigated how FreeBSD boots yet, but iirc LK only supports linux ... can also port linux driver to u-boot), it should be possible, at least ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: Seagate Barracuda 160 GB IDE becomes corrupted. RMA?
    ... Operating System Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional ... System Memory 512 MB ... Communication Port Communications Port ... Driver Download http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=2 ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)
  • Re: Missing sysctl options for isp driver
    ... This is the readonly World Wide Node Name value for this port. ... what's the current state of isp on FreeBSD? ... at NetBSD and OpenBSD's isp drivers and it looks like you've been involved ... This driver is part of a multiplatform driver that I started at NASA/Ames in 1997 that has run on FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, BSDi, Solaris, Linux and few other random systems. ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: sata_nv times out for BD-ROM iHOS104-08
    ... generic IDE driver loaded? ... ACPI: PM-Timer IO Port: 0x4008 ... CPU: Physical Processor ID: 0 ... USB 2.0 'Enhanced' Host Controller Driver ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • soft lockup disease (2.6.14-rc1, x86_64)
    ... IA-32 Microcode Update Driver: v1 ... IO window: 1000-1fff] L ... ACPI: PM-Timer IO Port: 0x408 ACPI: Local APIC address 0xfee00000 ...
    (Linux-Kernel)