Re: page fault & degaradation performance
- From: Thomas Hurst <tom.hurst@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 17:56:37 +0000
* perryh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (perryh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
how to reduce the number of page faults to upgrade program or OS
Install more memory.
I can cause paging on my hugely overendowed RELENG_6 system (8GB, ~2GB
active) just by reading some big files and churning through cache. It's
nice seeing syslogd go into pfault while there's 5G of inactive memory
and 300MB cache just waiting to be recycled.
There would seem to be some room for tuning on at least some systems.
Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst
freebsd-hackers@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-hackers-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: where did the peak mbuf stat go ?
- Next by Date: Re: page fault & degaradation performance
- Previous by thread: Re: page fault & degaradation performance
- Next by thread: Re: page fault & degaradation performance