/lib/pthread.so.2 is sought during some port compilation

I tried to compile firefox-2.0.0.10 on 7.0-BETA3.
And one linking command failed seeking for malloc_lock symbol required by
/lib/pthread.so.2. Obviously it tried to link obsolete /lib/pthread.so.2 with
the new /lib/libc.so.7.

By reading /usr/src/UPDATING I learn that the default threading library has been
replaced by /lib/libthr.so.

Why would linker seek for libpthread.so instead of libthr.so?

Yuri

  • Re: MT VOID, 03/25/11 -- Vol. 29, No. 39, Whole Number 1642
    ... many reports of the anachronisms and lack of knowledge of UK geography ... that I think I'd be reading it just to compile a list. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • Re: binary tcl script
    ... I remember reading a while back about a way to compile a tcl script in ... I remember that if you comple it you can read it but you ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: PDF viewer
    ... I hadn't but after reading your posting, I just tried to compile it but ... dependencies if you tried to compile it. ... unreadable and that there's no search function. ...
    (comp.sys.sun.admin)
  • Re: Cowboys herding cats
    ... unawares ... I'm about as likely to install something I don't compile myself ... to someone simply reading an email or viewing a web page. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • Re: -CURRENT ACPI(cpufreq) modules
    ... > I am reading that the -CURRENT ACPI cpufreq modules will work with ... > have to compile these, ... To unsubscribe, ...
    (freebsd-current)