- From: Frank Mayhar <frank@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 07:34:32 -0700
My old Dell Inspiron 5160 has developed problems that I can't fix, sigh,
so it's time to replace it. I'm hoping for some good suggestions from
this list (cc'd to hackers for the exposure, I know everyone doesn't
* 3D acceleration.
* MiniPCI wireless (don't care which card, I'll replace it
* At least 15" screen.
* Decent power consumption.
* Plays well with FreeBSD 7-stable.
Nice to have:
* Dual core.
* >4GB memory.
* Working suspend/hibernate mode (and no, I'm not holding my
So, suggestions? BTW, if I get a decent response I'll summarize it for
the list, along with the one I chose and my experience after
Frank Mayhar frank@xxxxxxxx http://www.exit.com/
Exit Consulting http://www.gpsclock.com/
freebsd-hackers@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-hackers-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"