Re: sosend() and mbuf
- From: Maslan <maslanbsd@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 09:39:58 +0000
I'm getting crazy,
I don't know why kern_open() works in the module's main thread, but
when I use it in another thread created by kthread_create() it crashes
the kernel ???
On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 9:30 AM, Ed Schouten<ed@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
* Maslan <maslanbsd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
man kthread says:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The kthread_create() function is used to create a kernel thread. The new
thread shares its address space with process 0, the swapper process, and
runs in kernel mode only.
However, when i checked the pid & tid of the new created thread it was
not the same as the parent nor as the proc0 & thread0
I am not sure, but sharing another process's address space doesn't have
to imply it shares the same pid, right?
Ed Schouten <ed@xxxxxxxx>
freebsd-hackers@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-hackers-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: sosend() and mbuf
- Next by Date: Re: sosend() and mbuf
- Previous by thread: Re: sosend() and mbuf
- Next by thread: Re: sosend() and mbuf