Re: ntpd hangs under FBSD 8

Alexey Shuvaev <shuvaev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
The flag you should look at is '-g'. GCC supports debuggind symbols
together with -O2 optimizations.

It is generally not a good idea to use -O2 for debugging versions, since
gcc will optimize away many local variables.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des@xxxxxx

  • Re: Bad performance on alpha? (make buildworld)
    ... There are a few additional optimizations which are architecture specific, ... > GCC does. ... A quick look suggests that Alpha code generation is deficient dealing with ... instructions, this simple operation requires 17 Alpha instructions!" ...
    (freebsd-performance)
  • Re: c compilation - gcc vs visual c
    ... I recently compiled a numerically intensive c project under cygwin gcc ... MS focuses a lot more on specific optimizations, ... the simplest approach, however (and the one I currently use in my compiler), ... (silly code), are ones I focus on fixing. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Noob Guestion About Make.conf
    ... documentation about GCC compiler options. ... Not all optimizations are controlled directly by a flag. ... CFLAGS controls the compiler settings used when compiling C ... If you expect bug reports to be taken seriously, ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: [patch] measurements, numbers about CONFIG_OPTIMIZE_INLINING=y impact
    ... Maybe the kernel's backtrace code should be fixed instead of blaming ... Guess how big it is for the kernel? ... after I saw the gcc people talking negatively about the latest brouhaha. ... kernel backtrace debugging is different from regular user mode debugging? ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Not All Symbols Present in a Loadable Kernel Module
    ... >> options GDB however, only KDB/DDB. ... >> section pointer to the if_bce.ko.symbols file for debugging ... Most likely, they are optimized out, gcc likes to inline once-called ...
    (freebsd-net)