Re: [RFC] Replacing our regex implementation

--- On Sun, 5/8/11, Bakul Shah <bakul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

C++ may be an impediment for it to go into libc but one
can certainly put a C interface on a C++ library.

I wouldn't think it's very consistent to use C++ in libc.
Perhaps we could have the best of both worlds by using
libtre as the libc regex replacement and re2 for grep
and diff? As an extra benefit using Re2 would make it
easier to support --perl-regex in grep.

cheers,

Pedro.

  • Re: How to make a completely static app
    ... > SC> covered in this thread is that libc forms ... > SC> gritty required to interface with kernel services. ... this says nothing at all about the kernel interface. ... syscall interface really. ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: How to make a completely static app
    ... SC> Perhaps this is more an example of the bloat of libc than it is an example ... SC> gritty required to interface with kernel services. ... runtime support for languages other than C, ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: Future FASMLIB website
    ... Better error handling. ... Better *assembly language* interface. ... a specific API), in practice this hasn't been much of a problem. ... The big problem with calling libc code is that most assembly ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: OT: missing C99 math pieces in gcc 4.x on Solaris 8 (sparc)
    ... interface with the kernel in areas where changes occur. ... Well, if the functions are provided by the compiler *AND* the OS, ... then what do the OS-supplied programs use to call the kernel? ... version of the libc that THEN calls the OS libc if necessary. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Direct Linux syscalls
    ... Tauno Voipio wrote: ... > incompatibility rashes from the version changes. ... is the most stable interface in the entire system. ... > code with the static version of libc, ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)