- From: rank1seeker@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 18:59:14 +0200
Basically it consists of (re)compilation and installation of world + kernel
However, 2 parts are always ommited:
Stage 1 - mbr|boot0
Stage 2 - boot
I won't also mention GPT part ...
Stage 3 - loader (is "covered" by world install)
Should it be expanded to world + kernel + bootcodes
The old way, one could pull it's old bootcodes, from 6.0 to 10.0 world + kernel
And bootcodes are changing. I've got bitten by bug in stage 2 boot, during 8.2 -> 9.0.
freebsd-hackers@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-hackers-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: Is there any modern alternative to pstack?
- Next by Date: Re: Is there any modern alternative to pstack?
- Previous by thread: Re: Approaching the limit on PV entries
- Next by thread: CAM disk I/O starvation