FreeBSD is participating in Google Summer of Code

Hi all,

FreeBSD is pleased to announce that once again we have been selected to
participate in the Google Summer of Code program. This gives University
students the opportunity to earn a $5000 USD stipend in exchange for
working on Open Source software over their Summer break. Students have
around 12 weeks to work on their project, and will be mentored by existing
FreeBSD committers. Participating organisations will earn $500 USD per
student mentored.

FreeBSD's organisation page may be found at
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2013/freebsd and a list
of possible project ideas may be found at
https://wiki.freebsd.org/IdeasPage . Please note that projects do not
have to come from the ideas list, and indeed students are encouraged to
produce their own project ideas - the majority of past projects have been
thought up by the particpants themselves.

Students are also encouraged to visit http://www.google-melange.com/ to
view more details of the program, including eligibility requirements, and
a list of other participating organisations.

Thanks,

Gavin

  • [FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD is participating in Google Summer of Code
    ... FreeBSD is pleased to announce that once again we have been selected to ... participate in the Google Summer of Code program. ... Students have ... and a list of other participating organisations. ...
    (freebsd-announce)
  • Re: Please welcome our Summer of Code Students
    ... and will be working on making memory usage for ... I have been using FreeBSD for several years and I am very ... applicants (out of over 100 applications). ... students this summer on the chosen FreeBSD related projects. ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: Solution for school lab just a thought
    ... Would you mind to contact me offline I help communities and non profit organizations here and would like to know more about your schema and results. ... At our school lab all the ... >> Students use putty to get logged into a jail on a single Freebsd system. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Jail Resource Limits for 6.x ...
    ... It appears to be against REL_6 from last years SOC ... ... Per the recent announcement on the freebsd-announce mailing list and on the web site, you can learn more about the SoC projects by visiting the FreeBSD web page, and also the FreeBSD wiki which contains more detailed information on each project: ... However, many students have started, and already put information about their projects online. ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: Google Summer of Code 2013
    ... FreeBSD is pleased to announce that once again we have been selected to ... Students have ... We are encouraging ... Prof. Luigi RIZZO, rizzo@xxxxxxxxxxxx. ...
    (freebsd-hackers)