Apache13-fp + Named Virtual Hosts

From: Darryl Hoar (darryl_at_osborne-ind.com)
Date: 08/04/03

    To: <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
    Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 14:51:09 -0500

    Greetings,
    I installed apache13-fp from the ports on my 4.7-stable box.
    Started it up (thanks scot) and got it running. Works just
    fine publishing from Frontpage 2000 to the apache webserver.

    Unfortunately, I need to have this apache server implimentation
    hosts a couple sites. So here is what I tried:

    1. Shutdown apache server.
    2. Modify httpd.conf. Changed DocumentRoot to be /websites/data
        changed <Directory "/websites/data">
    3. Uncommented NameVirtualHost * line in httpd.conf
    4. Added VirtualHost blocks
        <VirtualHost *>
           DocumentRoot /websites/data/internal
           ServerName www.osborneindustries.com
        </VirtualHost>
        <VirtualHost *>
          DocumentRoot /websites/data/test
          ServerName test.osborneindustries.com
       </VirtualHost>

    5. Made sure last Virtual Host block was:
       <VirtualHost _default_:80>
        ServerName test.osborneindustries.com
       </VirtualHost>

    6. Reran /usr/local/frontpage/version5.0/fp_install.sh
        no to sub/user webs. Yes to virtual hosts.

    It doesn't work right when I try to use the setup. It either doesn't think
    the extension are
    running on the server, or it perpetually asks for username/password and
    won't accept the
    ones I defined in fp_install.sh.

    Is there a tutorial on this setup ? any ideas ?

    thanks,
    Darryl

    • Re: [opensuse] (Strange) Apache Virtual Host Behaviour
      ... So, I setup Apache on my OpenSUSE 11.4 server at home, wanting to ... Ok, now, I add another Virtual Host, host2.domain.tld, and things start ... Since this is a home setup, it's not really that important, but it is ... # define a default do-nothing "vhost" before including any possible config files ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Apache problem/question
      ... >access my apache server -> not to use http://localhost but to use ... i have tried to adjust the vhost section acording to the ... >guide in the apache web page, but when i try i get error 404. ... >should i install Apache 1.3.x? ...
      (comp.lang.php)
    • Re: question about network setup
      ... Others can use the public IP on your router and hit the apache server? ... If the answers to the above are yes, this is the way your router keeps the public IP separate from the private LAN ip's. ... MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their support. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • more questions about apache configuration in Fedora Core 4 environment
      ... In apache 2.0, Port directive is gone. ... apache server listening to our web service request ... directives, one is Listen 900, another is Listen 9000, ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: approaches to PHP-based application interface?
      ... One major advantage of sticking with PHP is that my fairly large ... stripped-down browser so it runs as a Windows application without any ... apache involvement. ... an apache server. ...
      (comp.lang.php)