Re: backup tape drive under 4.8 ?

From: W.D. McKinney (dee_at_akwireless.net)
Date: 09/16/03

    To: guru <guru@mndr.com>
    Date: 15 Sep 2003 17:49:37 -0800

    Thanks, I'll look into it.

    On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 17:45, guru wrote:
    > On Sun, 14 Sep 2003, W.D. McKinney wrote:
    >
    > Hello,
    >
    > maybe flexbackup will work ? I've experimented with it a little bit,
    > perhaps it might be suitable and available from the ports. Best wishes!
    >
    > > I have a nice tape drive now on our mail server. What is the best way to
    > > back up data as we add customers ? Seems like Bru and Amanda are getting
    > > bad raps now ?
    >
    > kind regards
    > Norm

    • Re: IPTables F*&%-up part 2
      ... > # move forwarding to top and comment out the disable line ... > iptables -X ... > # wants you to place the openings for ports ... # pop3 server--are you running a mail server for everyone? ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: Running FreeBSD for my personal website: collocation, cloud, etc.
      ... cheaply) get up and running with a "publicly accessible" FreeBSD machine connected to the internet on which I can run a web and mail server? ... Your ISP may also block the ports you want, or even all ports but a few. ... You basically rent a vm running FreeBSD on it and can access it via VNC or such, so its a bit like a 2 with 1 capabilities. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Win XP
      ... replaced the mail server IP with "." ... so I had ports 25 and 110 mapped. ... #Software: Microsoft Internet Connection Firewall ... date time action protocol src-ip dst-ip src-port dst-port size ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Amazin Amavis!
      ... in a "dual Sendmail" setup, ... mail server I broke something about Sendmail ... It worked beautifully in a test environment, ... PS> build from ports, and read up in: ...
      (freebsd-newbies)
    • Unable to connect to SMTP over internet
      ... to forward request via these ports to my Exchange server. ... POP3 clients are able to connect from the internet and get ... the mail server cannot be contacted on port 25. ... users from within my network are able to send emails using ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin)