Re: tailing logfiles via a webpage?

From: Anders Nordby (anders_at_fix.no)
Date: 07/01/04

    Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 09:23:33 +0200
    To: Andrew Nelson <andrew__nelson@hotmail.com>

    Hi,

    Give them a samba share, make them use tail -f or
    http://www.baremetalsoft.com/baretail/ if using Windows. Works fine
    here.

    On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 04:16:18PM +1000, Andrew Nelson wrote:
    > I'd like allow staff to view various system log files without
    > having an account on the system... I've previously written
    > some small web based scripts which grep out relevent data
    > and dump them to the browser..
    >
    > Does anyone know of a better system? Maybe a java applet
    > or something that can tail a log file?
    >
    > thanks,
    > Andrew

    • Re: *nix tail -f multiple log files with Thread
      ... I copied a program from C to track multiple log files. ... Since you're calling tail itself, why not just use tail's ability to ... $ tail -f foo bar ... Back in the first xterm window I see this: ...
      (comp.lang.python)
    • Re: *nix tail -f multiple log files with Thread
      ... I copied a program from C to track multiple log files. ... I am using tail from the GNU coreutils, ... $ tail -f foo bar ... Back in the first xterm window I see this: ...
      (comp.lang.python)
    • Can only run 2 windows at a time?
      ... I'm trying to monitor/tail ... some log files and perform queries to ... I can open two Internet Explorer windows and tail two files; ...
      (comp.lang.php)
    • Re: [SOLVED] Cannot mount volume (USB Flash drive)
      ... Are you sure it didn't have a "Details>" label lower left? ... the great thing is that you can always check the log files ... in /var/log or even watch them live, e.g., "tail ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: DOS, how long?
      ... I thought you wanted unix tools, grep with full regex, etc.? ... > Maybe things like tail and uniq, or maybe strings and pr? ... You know, it's funny, as much as I enjoyed head, tail and uniq, I ... And I happen to like Windows. ...
      (comp.programming)