Re: load balance ordinary traffic

From: Justin C. Sherrill (justin_at_shiningsilence.com)
Date: 05/16/03

    Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 08:12:14 -0400 (EDT)
    To: amutsch@abaid.com

    > For nat and filtering I use ipfilter, since I don't believe that the
    > packets after forwarding will pass ipfw again. Not sure though and
    > still some testing to do.

    Can you pass along more details on how you have ipfilter set up? I have
    not used any of these programs very much and more information is always
    better.

    This looks like my best bet, as PPPoE isn't used here, and I daresay any
    sort of aggregation on the ISP end will be impossible if I'm using a mix
    of DOCSIS and proprietary modems.

    • Re: [fw-wiz] FreeBSD 4.9 ipfw natd -- Port Forwarding
      ... It was forwarding the ... Second line forwards packets hitting x.x.x.x:80 to the internal address. ... It is possible to mix and match ipfw and ipfilter, ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: ipf / ipfw Which to use?
      ... Ipfilter is multiplatform, ipfw is ... ipfw does not process packets in userland. ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • Re: [fw-wiz] FreeBSD 4.9 ipfw natd -- Port Forwarding
      ... I tried the ipfw fwd command as well with no success. ... my freeBSD server and my internal web server was dropping them because they ... > the packets are being forwarded to a RFC 1918-addressed jail within the ... > difference between this and forwarding to an external server, ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • RE: Best security topology for FreeBSD
      ... IPFilter and IPFW. ... I would use ipfilter for filtering and NAT, ... As to which one sees the packet first, packets would come in on ... had the need for traffic shaping yet... ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • Re: ipf / ipfw Which to use?
      ... >>> Largely it is a matter of taste. ... Ipfilter is multiplatform, ipfw is ... > ipfw does not process packets in userland. ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)