Re: Network hardware address

From: Marc Olzheim (marcolz_at_stack.nl)
Date: 02/12/05

    Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 17:40:13 +0100
    To: Stephen <vk3heg@iinet.net.au>

    On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 12:01:12AM +1100, Stephen wrote:
    > The network card is playing up and I need to change it but keep the old cards
    > hardware ethernet address: ie: ether 01:50:08:c1:f9:a1

    If the driver of your NIC supports it, you can use:
    ifconfig <device> ether 01:50:08:c1:f9:a1

    Marc

    • Re: My First Linux Crash
      ... >> How do you propose that the OP ssh into his box without going via ... >> the network card? ... > Thanks for playing, next time read the whole thread. ... If it's there and you can't see it - it's transparent ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Network Card
      ... My network card is playing up, when i start Windows server ... But if i start up my old win98 then it works fine, ...
    • Re: Service Control Manager
      ... external card) then load the ibm drivers for the network card again. ... Monday, February 14, 2005 Service Control Manager The DHCP Client service ... depends on the TCP/IP Protocol Driver service which failed to start because ... A device attached to the system is not functioning. ...
    • Re: new server setup questions
      ... I can't get a driver to ... work for the integrated network card. ... and the nve driver worked after that. ... kldload still gave me the same error as mentioned earlier in this thread ...
      (freebsd-questions)