Realtek 8139C+ and watchdog timeouts on 6.0-RELEASE
- From: asko <asko_eirampspost@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 17:23:47 +0200
I'm getting "re0: watchdog timeout" and "re1: watchdog timeout" errors on one gateway server. That 1U machine has 5 Realtek 8139C+ NIC-s..
When timeout occures, the network stops for about 5-10 seconds and then starts working again. It seems to depend on network load, higher load produces more stops.
I found following link: http://groups.google.com/group/muc.lists.freebsd.bugs/browse_thread/thread/ba509d216f6b30e6/e84e76306f6c6249?lnk=st&q=freebsd+watchdog+timeout+re0&rnum=1&hl=en#e84e76306f6c6249
It basically says that 8139C+ works with the older rl driver too.
So what's the proper way of forcing system to use rl driver instead on re? What's the probality of getting 8139C+ to work with rl on 6.0 RELEASE?
-- asko _______________________________________________ freebsd-net@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-net To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-net-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: something wrong with either port net/iwi-firmare or iwi driver in tree on current
- Next by Date: Re: Strange carp problems
- Previous by thread: something wrong with either port net/iwi-firmare or iwi driver in tree on current
- Next by thread: Does 4.11 support PCI-E?