Maximum ARP Entries

Does anyone know if there is a maximum number of ARP entries/ adjacencies that FBSD can handle before recycling? I want to route several thousand ips direct to some interfaces so it will have 3-4k ARP entries.. I'm curious because in Linux I have to set
the sysctl net.ipv4.neigh threshholds a lot higher or it bombs with 'too many neighbors'... I don't see a setting like this in BSD sysctl .

Thanks!

Paul

  • Re: neighbor table overflow problem
    ... Also try $ route -nC to ... /proc/sys/net/ipv4/xxx settings (more info and particulars would be ... -- sniff the wire for arp ... The arp table (cache) should mostly hold mappings for machines on the ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: [2.4 PATCH] bugfix: ARP respond on all devices
    ... a remote host should be either the one manually specified on the most ... gateway indicated by the most appropriate route. ... The ARP source is the IP ... NIC from which either the host or the gateway should be reached. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Kernel drops UDP datagrams between interface and process
    ... |> ARP entries? ... | The route doesn't have a gateway, ... For every IP address in the attached subnet, the interface route is what ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)
  • Re: Kernel drops UDP datagrams between interface and process
    ... The ARP mechanism in the network interface does. ... OSPF can do exactly this, and it is used widely for exactly ... | Every modern IP device will take the most-specific route. ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)
  • Route/arp help?
    ... To access my dsl modem's line stats page, I have to create an arp ... entry and a route for it, under linux this was done as: (eth1 ...
    (freebsd-hackers)