FreeBSD Router Problem

Hi Guys,

Here's a weird one... I set up FreeBSD 5.2 to act as a router. I used
the pf.conf script shown at:
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/pools.html#outgoing

Everything works just fine. Traffic is appropriately load balanced and
things work as expected.

Strangely after a few hours something just stops routing traffic. I can't
ping the remote gateways either. Both external interfaces still show the
correct IP addresses. Rebooting the BSD box solves the problem. Nothing
else gets rebooted.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Shawn

  • Re: FreeBSD Router Problem
    ... I set up FreeBSD 5.2 to act as a router. ... the pf.conf script shown at: ... Rebooting the BSD box solves the problem. ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • Re: Sudden Lost Internet Connectivity
    ... Before I tried that (rebooting is now in progress, ... DNS Request timed out ... Can't find server name for address 192.168.2.75 Timed out ... After that I tried pinging my router and 1 of 4 got through, ...
  • Re: Why The Need To Reboot ?
    ... You're saying that your router takes longer to boot that your PC ... Looked at the DSL and all lights were on. ... Rebooting your PC probably reset the router configuration: ... The modem sometimes ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Boot problems (FC4)
    ... the exact same thing happened on my RHELv4 system the other day ... when there was a millisecond power failure and my system crashed. ... Rebooting the router cured it for me, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Change Computer Name
    ... script all by itself, without doing the rename first, it works.). ... I think renaming a computer and joining a domain without rebooting works ... Dim objWMIService, colComputers, objComputer ... Dim NewName, Result ...