Re: vimage-assigning interface to jail

Hi:

Without doing anything extra except booting, (with no jails started),
what happens when you duplicate my commands in the previous email?

#jail -c host.hostname=test path=/ vnet persist

I substituted persist parameter for command=/bin/tcsh in your example,
otherwise the jail is destroyed when I exit the shell to enter the next command:

#ifconfig msk0 vnet 1

test# ifconfig
lo0: flags=8008<LOOPBACK,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 16384
options=3<RXCSUM,TXCSUM>
maclabel mls/equal(equal-equal)
msk0: flags=8842<BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
options=11a<TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,TSO4>
ether 00:23:54:08:2b:f7
maclabel mls/low(low-low)
media: Ethernet autoselect

test#ifconfig msk0 172.28.15.1/24

test#netstat -rn
netstat: kvm not available: /dev/mem: Permission denied
Routing tables
rt_tables: symbol not in namelist

test# route add default 192.168.0.1
route: writing to routing socket: Network is unreachable
add net default: gateway 192.168.0.1: Network is unreachable

#test# route add default 172.28.15.2
add net default: gateway 172.28.15.2

The host's IP address is set to 192.168.0.10, with a default route of
192.168.0.1 -- the route command succeeded when I used your example, although
netstat -rn still fails with the same output as above. In my earlier
correspondences, I was pushing a ng_eiface node to the jail instead of the
physical ethernet device.

Thank you.

  • Re: IP FORWARDING IPTABLES
    ... I choose to configure my firewall to route packets in a different ... want to specify the IP of the gateway, ... the command might be more accurate ... but has a "-I" option to use ICMP echos. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Setting the default gateway..???
    ... I'm not all that familiar with AIX, but I tried running that command from the command line ... method also calls the route command to change any static routes. ... Specifies the name of the host. ... Specifies the default gateway. ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Re: vimage-assigning interface to jail
    ... otherwise the jail is destroyed when I exit the shell to enter the next command: ... route: writing to routing socket: Network is unreachable ... add net default: gateway 192.168.0.1: Network is unreachable ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • Re: Setting the default gateway..???
    ... > I'm not all that familiar with AIX, but I tried running that command from ... > method also calls the route command to change any static routes. ... > Specifies the name of the host. ... > Specifies the default gateway. ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Re: AD-DNS-DHCP
    ... If you use the Route command from cmd you will see the effects of adding the route. ... To get what you want you would need first to run a Route Delete 0.0.0.0, which will remove the existing gateway, then route add to create the new default route. ... If I do NOT remove the gateway configurationfrom my DHCP scope but add route command to my logon script, which one will ultimately prevail, the DHCP gateway configuration or the route add command in the logon script? ...