Re: vimage-assigning interface to jail

Without doing anything extra except booting, (with no jails started),
what happens when you duplicate my commands in the previous email?

#jail -c host.hostname=test path=/ vnet persist

I substituted persist parameter for command=/bin/tcsh in your example,
otherwise the jail is destroyed when I exit the shell to enter the next command:

#ifconfig msk0 vnet 1

test# ifconfig
lo0: flags=8008<LOOPBACK,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 16384
maclabel mls/equal(equal-equal)
msk0: flags=8842<BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
ether 00:23:54:08:2b:f7
maclabel mls/low(low-low)
media: Ethernet autoselect

test#ifconfig msk0

test#netstat -rn
netstat: kvm not available: /dev/mem: Permission denied
Routing tables
rt_tables: symbol not in namelist

test# route add default
route: writing to routing socket: Network is unreachable
add net default: gateway Network is unreachable

#test# route add default
add net default: gateway

The host's IP address is set to, with a default route of -- the route command succeeded when I used your example, although
netstat -rn still fails with the same output as above. In my earlier
correspondences, I was pushing a ng_eiface node to the jail instead of the
physical ethernet device.

Thank you.