Re: net/mpd5, ppp, proxy-arp issues

Have you seen this thread?

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2010-April/025128.html

Quite a few fixes have gone into the -current and RELENG_8 branches.
Please try sync-up to the latest code before applying the patch.

-- Qing

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 11:53 PM, Marin Atanasov <dnaeon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I was setting up mpd5 from ports, but this proxy-arp issue still exists in
8.0.

uname -r
8.0-RELEASE-p2

I've attached the output from the mpd5 daemon, where you can still see that
the issue is relevant.

I've also tried to apply the patch, but it's no longer on that location.
Something else to add - I've a dns server running on the same machine that
mpd5 was set up. I'm not sure if this is caused by mpd5 daemon or the arp
issue, but after a couple of start/stops of mpd5 the name resolving from the
gateway machine is not possible, all other systems from the internal network
are able to use the dns server on the gateway, but the gateway itself
cannot.

Restart of named, doesn't help either, so I had to completely reboot the
machine, so that arp entries are flushed as well.

Could you please have a look at the issue? If you need some additional
information, please let me know.

Regards,
Marin

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Prokofiev S.P. <proks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>