Re: PF + BRIDGE still causes system freezing
- From: Giulio Ferro <auryn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 08:03:09 +0200
Max Laier wrote:
On Friday 28 May 2010 07:46:07 Giulio Ferro wrote:
Months ago I reported a system freezing whenever bridge was used
with pf. This still happens now in 8.1 prerelease: after several minutes
that the bridge is active the system becomes unresponsive.
as I told you last time your reported this problem: you need to simplify your setup in order to track down the problem. For all I know, you have created a routing or ethernet loop that is the cause of your problems. Unless you can provide a simple setup that can be reproduced, you have to track down the issue yourself - sorry.
Ok, I've moved the vpn-bridging service to a server without pf, and now
it seems to work correctly.
I maintain that this issue would need to look into, anyway...
I don't think that a system freezing is acceptable, even when the administrator
makes some configuration mistakes: the o.s. should complain about
"routing or ethernet loop", without leaving him wondering...
(how can I find them, anyway?)
Thanks for your help.
freebsd-net@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-net-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: kern/147191: [ppp] Problems with ppp -nat [pppoe], ipfw, dummynet
- Next by Date: Re: PF + BRIDGE still causes system freezing
- Previous by thread: Re: PF + BRIDGE still causes system freezing
- Next by thread: Re: PF + BRIDGE still causes system freezing