Re: kern/155597: [panic] Kernel panics with "sbdrop" message

The following reply was made to PR kern/155597; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Vladimir Kutakov <vova@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: bug-followup@xxxxxxxxxxx, vova@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: kern/155597: [panic] Kernel panics with "sbdrop" message
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 12:35:34 +0300

We are looking into this problem a bit. The panic is reproducible easily by means of big http trafic. We ran apache benchmark on 3 next servers: ab -c40 -n20000000 'http://thehost/somesmallfile'. After just some minutes panic occurs.

However, after decreasing hw.igb.num_queues to 4 (default value is 8), it occurs only after 2 hours.

Finally, the server with hw.igb.num_queues=1 works good already 7 days.

It seems that some problem happens during parallel tcp processing.

--
WBR,
Vladimir

  • Re: STABLE kernel panic: privileged instruction fault
    ... The servers get into panic with similar workload: file server with a lot of files and connections. ... I think it is not software problem, because when I've installed Linux with such configuration there were no kernel panics. ... privileged instruction fault while in kernel mode ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • STABLE kernel panic: privileged instruction fault
    ... The servers get into panic with similar workload: file server with a lot of files and connections. ... I think it is not software problem, because when I've installed Linux with such configuration there were no kernel panics. ... avail memory = 2054619136 ... privileged instruction fault while in kernel mode ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • STABLE kernel panic: privileged instruction fault
    ... The servers get into panic with similar workload: file server with a lot of files and connections. ... I think it is not software problem, because when I've installed Linux with such configuration there were no kernel panics. ... avail memory = 2054619136 ... privileged instruction fault while in kernel mode ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Question
    ... I need to know how to migrate a HD from my actual Server to another ... This HD has the base operating system and i want to ... I've no experience with kernel panics as a result of this. ... chain (i.e. ad0 is ad2 on the new hardware). ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • kernel panics on a ProLiant 800 server
    ... I have an older Compaq ProLiant 800 server running RH73. ... the server has been going down once a day with kernel panics. ... can I troubleshoot this? ...
    (RedHat)