Re: kern/155597: [panic] Kernel panics with "sbdrop" message

The following reply was made to PR kern/155597; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Vladimir Kutakov <vova@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: bug-followup@xxxxxxxxxxx, vova@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: kern/155597: [panic] Kernel panics with "sbdrop" message
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 12:35:34 +0300

We are looking into this problem a bit. The panic is reproducible easily by means of big http trafic. We ran apache benchmark on 3 next servers: ab -c40 -n20000000 'http://thehost/somesmallfile'. After just some minutes panic occurs.

However, after decreasing hw.igb.num_queues to 4 (default value is 8), it occurs only after 2 hours.

Finally, the server with hw.igb.num_queues=1 works good already 7 days.

It seems that some problem happens during parallel tcp processing.

--
WBR,
Vladimir