From: owner-freebsd-net@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-freebsd-
net@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Miller
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 3:05 PM
To: freebsd-net@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo

I'm using FreeBSD 8.1 and I'm seeing the following messages spit out
frequently.

IPv4 address: "169.254.231.172" is not on the network
arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo for 169.254.231.172

Background:
I have two interfaces attached to the same LAN, both configured using
169.254/16 link local automatic addressing.
ARP entries exist for each interface.
There are two routing entries for 169.254.0.0/16, one going out each
interface.

I've done some debugging and it appears that this happens when a packet
is