Re: kern/167768: [ipfilter] Fatal trap in ipfilter/ipnat

The following reply was made to PR kern/167768; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Albers <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: bug-followup@xxxxxxxxxxx,
bsdbug@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: kern/167768: [ipfilter] Fatal trap in ipfilter/ipnat
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 18:58:01 +0200

so I guess the alternative is to downgrade to FreeBSD 8.* ?

  • RE: FreeBSD 4.11 P13 Crash
    ... I do not want to jinx myself, but after back revving to FreeBSD 4.9 + ... think it is related to IPFilter in conjunction with 4 Intel nics and/or ... page fault while in kernel mode ... Okay this time my kernel was recompiled so there are no modules to ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: routing problem
    ... I even don't know ipfilter yet. ... it to static and cloned routing, but taking it out of the mix might help ... I tried to set static routes. ... Possibly just a little confusion re how freebsd routing tables are ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: ipfilter(4) needs maintainer
    ... IPFilter more extensively than PF when it comes to FreeBSD and packet ... The only firewall that seems 'native' to FreeBSD is ipfw and I believe ... There is NO need to look for a maintainer. ... users transition and cope with the deprecation. ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • Re: ipfilter(4) needs maintainer
    ... IPFilter more extensively than PF when it comes to FreeBSD and packet ... The only firewall that seems 'native' to FreeBSD is ipfw and I believe ... There is NO need to look for a maintainer. ... users transition and cope with the deprecation. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: FreeBSD and security
    ... or does FreeBSD have adequate security built in? ... Yes,it does have security built in,provided you activate it. ... ipfw or ipfilter (I prefer ipfilter because use a very simple and strong ... The Twenty Most Critical Internet Security Vulnerabilities ...
    (freebsd-newbies)