Question about MLDv2 implemenation in Kernel
- From: GuYong <guyong1978@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 08:12:12 +0000
I'm looking at the MLDv2 implemenation in kernel, and there seem to be some issues, could anyone confirm them?
1. RFC3810 clause 6.1 mentions there is a Source Retransmission Counter associated to each source, so that the merged report could contain the content that is interrupted by a new state change report BUT, I didn't see this is implemented currently!
2. Regarding the 'Older Version Querier Present timer', the code is like this:old_version_timer = (mli->mli_rv * mli->mli_qi) + mli->mli_qri;
while mli->mli_qri = maxdelay, and maxdelay = ntohs(mld->mld_maxdelay). BUT, mld_maxdelay is in units of milliseconds (clause 5.1.3), I think it should be divided by 1000 before it adds to old_version_timer.
3. According to RFC, a node MUST accept and process any Query whose IP Destination Address field contains *any* of the address (unicast or multicast) assigned to the interface on which the Query arrives. BUT, I see the code only accept General Query addressed to FF02::1.
freebsd-net@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-net-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"