[RFC] changes in struct dn_pkt_tag ?
- From: Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 14:28:25 +0200
I just realized that the struct dn_pkt_tag is 232 bytes,
with the majority of space taken by an unused field,
struct _ip6dn_args (192 bytes), which I'd like to remove.
The structure constitutes the body of a PACKET_TAG_DUMMYNET, is
defined in sys/netinet/ipfw/ip_dn_io.c and private to the dummynet
module. Do I still need to bump __FreeBSD_version if i remove the
unused field from the structure ?
Related to this, struct _ip6dn_args is also an unused part of
struct ip_fw_args, which however is used by other ipfw clients
such as ng_ipfw, so i am a bit reluctant to "fix" that too.
freebsd-net@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-net-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Current problem reports assigned to freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
- Next by Date: [patch] ixgbe stats cleanup
- Previous by thread: Current problem reports assigned to freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
- Next by thread: [patch] ixgbe stats cleanup