freebsd reinstall

From: Bert Lagaisse (bert.lagaisse_at_cs.kuleuven.ac.be)
Date: 11/25/03

    Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 12:19:34 +0100
    To: freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org

    Hey

    My filesystem is screwed (missing package-db, missing log files, ...)
    after a fsck (deleted to much)

    I think I need to reinstall my freebsd system.

    What is the best tool to make a backup of my most important files (X
    config file, kde configuration stored in homedir ...)

    And most desirable in a way i can easily restore them to the directory
    they belong

    Is there a less time consuming way of fixing my system ? (incl the db
    containing the installed packages)

    --
    Bert Lagaisse
    K.U.Leuven, Dept. computer science