Re: VIA VT6105 Rhine III on FreeBSD 4.9 Release

From: Martin Hudec (corwin_at_aeternal.net)
Date: 12/17/03

    To: <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
    Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 19:51:23 +0100

    Hi there,

    this network card is able to work with 4.9 release, as they say in hardware
    compatibility list:

    VIA Technologies VT3043 ``Rhine I'', VT86C100A ``Rhine II'', and VT6105/
    VT6105M ``Rhine III'' Fast Ethernet NICs ( vr(4) driver)

    Maybe your kernel is not configured for this card (GENERIC kernel misses a lot
    of stuff :))

    This card requires these devices in kernel:
    device miibus
    device vr

    Take a look into /usr/src/sys/i386/conf, there is a file named GENERIC which
    holds configuration of your kernel. Try to look for those devices inside.

    cheers,
    M.

    --
    :