Re: Going small

From: Nikolas Britton (freebsd_at_nbritton.org)
Date: 04/14/04

    Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 12:51:00 -0500
    To: Andrew White <andywhite@ntlworld.ie>, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org

    I'll 2nd that, I've been a happy m0n0wall user since pb14 (mid 2003?).
    the thing "just works".

    http://www.m0n0.ch/wall/

    Andrew White wrote:

    >You might want to try m0n0wall
    >http://www.m0n0.com/
    >
    >You could forget having a hardrive at all and use a flashcard instead,
    >leaving you with no mechanical parts to fail...
    >

    >.Andrew

    • Going small
      ... I'm going to get a Soekris Net4801 and fit a 30G HD from a broken laptop ... device for the firewall on the grounds that I can enable some server ... sendmail and boa (web server). ...
      (freebsd-newbies)
    • Re: disconnect a hacker
      ... My Web server station is right next ... my attention divided by security concerns... ... see an IP connected to port 80, ... I've been forwarding my firewall logs to my ISP, ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: Firewall on server itself
      ... Perhaps the iptables could defend against an intruder who is already ... Firewall vender specific vulnerabilities ... >> be configured to protect the web server as well other computers on ... > The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant, ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: [fw-wiz] Using SSL accelerators in firewalls
      ... It also depends on what you're using your SSL for, and how tightly you can couple ... your firewall with your web application. ... web server don't have to be very aware of each other. ... >> lost in the process and the security of transactions eroded. ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: security advice (possible hacker activity?)
      ... > trojan or worm is installed onto the web server. ... > itself through the firewall to an email user on a PC, ... > the IIS web server. ... IWAM runs any site with Access or SQL. ...