How to mount second drive

From: Phil Thomson (philthom_at_freeshell.org)
Date: 05/16/04

    Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 19:01:26 -0700 (PDT)
    To: freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org

    Hi all,

    Well, I got FreeBSD installed on my PC, but I can't figure out how to
    mount my second hard drive and have it automount each time I boot. I have
    a 3 GB drive on which I have the system installed, but I have a second 5
    GB drive I want to use as well. Do I just add a line to /etc/fstab? If so,
    what should it say? I would like the 2nd drive to mount somewhere in /mnt,
    which I guess is the usual location. TIA for any info.

    Phil

    ===========
    Phil Thomson
    home: http://www.sfu.ca/~pthomson/
    label: http://www.centibel.org/

    • Re: Re: How can you get a Seagate USB 160 GB drive to mount?
      ... How can you get a Seagate USB 160 GB drive to mount? ... At least in KDE, it will automount to ... I created the fstab entry only to test whether the device worked. ... I don't think I've placed a label on an external device after the fact. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: use of label in fstab
      ... label ublinux edited fstab to contain: ... I made another partition /dev/sda5 and used e2label to label it dyndata, ... On bootup now, the first partition mounts correctly, but the second gives ... ~# mount -L dyndata /dyntest ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Problems mounting by label
      ... Using the latter defeats the purpose however, since I want eventually to mount things to a different mount point depending on their label. ... The data for partition 1 is: ... I also used glabel to try to get a label on it, but couldn't see how I could use the glabel information for mounting. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: German Offices in China
      ... facing the back label. ... mount my stamps to the slicker side for a smoother appearance, ... to mount them to the rougher side for better adhesion. ...
      (rec.collecting.stamps.discuss)
    • Re: lvm lvrename on Fedora Core 4
      ... >> On my shiny new FC4 system, mount reports this device to be mounted on ... > need to rename the LVs once the VG is renamed. ... LVs with the same label this still will be a problem. ...
      (Fedora)