What will make you sick about FreeBSD (UNIX world)
From: Akbar (braidsenfro_at_netscape.net)
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:47:10 -0500 To: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Installations that don't work.
2. This message here: <whatever library>.so.N: ELF file OS ABI invalid
3. Installations that worked on one machine, but act up on another
4. Trying to get java to work.
5. Dealing with linux issues. for example. I have java working on one machine. both linux-sun-jdk14 and jdk14 installed. I wanted to use the libjavaplugin.so plugin with Netscape 7 (which is using linux compatibility) but it didn't work with any of the plugin versions i have installed. But the plugin works with native Mozilla. But the flash plugin that works with Netscape doesn't work with Mozilla. I don't want to use 2 browsers! But until i get flash working on Mozilla or java working on Netscape... I wish i knew how to port stuff.
Entering this BSD world is a long term commitment. Be prepared to love and hate FreeBSD.
Switch to Netscape Internet Service.
As low as $9.95 a month -- Sign up today at http://isp.netscape.com/register
Netscape. Just the Net You Need.
New! Netscape Toolbar for Internet Explorer
Search from anywhere on the Web and block those annoying pop-ups.
Download now at http://channels.netscape.com/ns/search/install.jsp
email@example.com mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "firstname.lastname@example.org"