Re: Shared Hosting Webserver

From: James Jhai (james_at_idea-anvil.net)
Date: 12/28/04

    To: freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
    Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 14:50:41 -0700

    On Tuesday 28 December 2004 01:59 pm, Adam wrote:
    > Does anyone have any configuration files or install CD's that will install
    > a commercial grade shared webserver for hosting peoples websites?

    Do some reading in the Apache docs on the topic of virtual hosts.

    This will allow you to setup apache to server a different /root-base for each
    domain name.

    So if you setup 3 domains

    http://srvr1.org
    http://srvr2.net
    http://srvr3.com

    each connection to your apache server would server a different page to them
    and they wouldn't need to use the http://srvs.org/~username/

    --
    - James

    • Re: PHP Tutorials
      ... >> In this tutorial we assume that your server has activated support for PHP ... install a web server locally (not just Apache). ...
      (comp.lang.php)
    • Re: Silicon Image SIL680 RAID Controller
      ... >> the exact procedures required to setup and configure a web server ... page "Quick Start Guide" for setting up and running a FreeBSD web ... That is, installing/configuring apache, installing/configuring ... regimin to more or less systematically install Linux on several ...
      (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
    • Re: CSS Newbie - CSS Works With Invalid DOCTYPE. Fails With Valid DOCTYPE.
      ... The server is OpenSolaris running Apache 2.2.15 installed two years ... HTML and CSS validators were fine with the change. ... I know this is an HTML newsgroup, and Apache is not the topic. ... I prefer to install all utilities, like Apache, from source. ...
      (alt.html)
    • Re: Please Help A Newbie With 2 Issues
      ... I have 4 machines on the lan an and ... a 3rd issue I cant find apache even though I know I installed apache2 Is ... Running WinBlowz 2000 Advanced Server) 2 are running WinBlowz 2000 Pro ... Port1 and even install drivers for it. ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • RE: [PHP] Question before upgrading to 5
      ... We only use php for intranet applications I create, ... so the server is basically dead at nights, which is when I do most of my ... so your going to shut down apache on ... install of apache would allow you to do. ...
      (php.general)