Re: HELP: how to enable telnet?

From: Joaquin Menchaca (linuxuser_at_finnovative.net)
Date: 01/18/05

    Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 01:10:11 -0800
    To: freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org

    Tyler Gee wrote:
    > I run sshd through cygwin on my winxp box with no problems and as far
    > as I could tell it is the only (or maybe just the best) way to do it.
    >
    > I used these directions: http://pigtail.net/LRP/printsrv/cygwin-sshd.html
    >
    > -wtgee

    Sweet. Everyone's familar with win ssh clients, but not so much on
    sshd. I didn't know it was out. This is great! As I can have better
    interoperability between systems.

    I'm hoping to do rsync, ssh, sftp, and X through ssh for both home/work.
           For work, there'll be win to win file sync and also Solaris to
    Solaris. For home, I'll sync web pages between Mac/Win/FreeBSD.

       -- joaquin

    • Re: possible problem with scp/ssh/telnet
      ... (sshd on the Linux side), which actually listens on port 22. ... SSH should be running as a service under Windows; ... As for configuration, from within a Cygwin shell, go to /etc and look at ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Cgywin sshd: immediate disconnect
      ... > I'm running Cygwin sshd on Windows XP, ... > With sshd installed as an NT service, even when I ssh to localhost, I get ... It seems to be a problem about ssh and cygwin: You have to use password to ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Cgywin sshd: immediate disconnect
      ... > I'm running Cygwin sshd on Windows XP, ... > With sshd installed as an NT service, even when I ssh to localhost, I get ... It seems to be a problem about ssh and cygwin: You have to use password to ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: X window on ssh
      ... > I am trying to run cygwin with ssh into Linux machine. ... > start Xwindow manager on WinXP. ... I've been using cygwin to solaris quite a lot recently. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: FW: Cygwin, ssh, and top
      ... > When I ssh into my Debian 3.1 box from WinXP Pro/Cygwin, ... This sounds to me more like a Cygwin problem than a Debian problem. ...
      (Debian-User)