Re: Slow disk write speeds over network

From: Chuck Swiger (cswiger_at_mac.com)
Date: 06/11/03

    Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 21:08:13 -0400
    To: freebsd-performance@freebsd.org

    Pedram Nimreezi wrote:
    > I'm sorry I don't mean to be vague but I just get a bit tired of reading
    > 40 posts on NFS itself...

    I haven't seen a lot of list traffic about NFS.

    > I have never once used NFS and don't see the need for it, but if one
    > feels there is a need. Identify the causality... I need to integrate
    > a shared medium with 100+ computers because ...

    1. You want to share filesystems like user home directories, project work areas,
    etc among all of those client machines without having to copy all of the files
    (can resyncronize them, make room on each local drive, etc)...?

    -Chuck

    • Re: New Years Musings 2006
      ... Reorganize sock drawer. ... but after reading some of the posts in this thread I think I'll change that to the vague and noncommittal "Stay open to new relationships." ...
      (rec.equestrian)
    • Re: Regex expert needed
      ... >> books and spent hours and hours reading and experimenting till I figured ... > I get plenty of questions that I ask here ignored, but I don't fret - I read ... subject line is vague or on a topic I have no interest, ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Foxfire Books Recipes
      ... the folks who live in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. ... vague they can be. ... This is like reading one of my grandmother's recipes. ...
      (rec.food.cooking)
    • Re: Trials Discussion Thread
      ... I remember reading and hearing that Ryan built it, ... And I have that vague recollection(could be ... Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services ...
      (rec.sport.unicycling)