Re: promise sx4000 card & tx4000 results over 170mb/s sustained read

From: Darcy Buskermolen (darcy_at_wavefire.com)
Date: 02/06/04

    To: Soeren Schmidt <sos@spider.deepcore.dk>, Trent George <soundsampler@sbcglobal.net>
    Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 09:37:22 -0800

    On July 18, 2003 01:15 am, Soeren Schmidt wrote:

    > > Question #2
    > >
    > > I purchased a sx4000 card in the hope to increase speed :-)
    > > I noticed that PDC20621 is not in ata-chipset.c yet
    > > The card is not recognised on boot ether.
    > >
    > > Is there anything I can do or provide to help you add support for this
    > > card ?
    >
    > I do have the sx4000 in the works (thanks to Promise who has provided docs
    > and HW to make this happen)..
    >
    > -Søren

    I also have an sx4000 card, and I'm wondering how support for this item is
    comming along. if you requre any help in coding or testing, please feel free
    to let me know as I'd like to deploy this card natily under FreeBSD instead
    of over NFS from a linux box where it is now.

    --
    Darcy Buskermolen
    Wavefire Technologies Corp.

    • [patch 000/176] Video4Linux Updates
      ... Support for em28xx based usb2 boards; ... -Don't enable gpioirq until after card probe. ... -Some changes to allow compiling cx88 and saa7134 without ... -Fixed settings for MSI Vox USB 2.0 ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: Help needed in rec.audio.pro
      ... > Rewire you can add even more to your environment (like Reason, FL Studio, ... Linux also has LADSPA and some VST's work as well. ... I have that card (sblive! ... Emu support seems to exist now. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Help needed in rec.audio.pro
      ... > Rewire you can add even more to your environment (like Reason, FL Studio, ... Linux also has LADSPA and some VST's work as well. ... I have that card (sblive! ... Emu support seems to exist now. ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: [SLE] Yes I am bitter.
      ... Linux since November") purely because his graphics card isn't supported ... needs a rethink of priorities. ... any more ATI cards until the Linux support is up to par. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: MCE 2006 Wish List
      ... Yep - and almost all of the radio channels available with a Sky Digital ... DVB-S card to receive them without an analogue link in the chain! ... The lack of support for these transmission systems ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)