sysutils/fusefs-ntfs: slow reading/writing speed

Hello.

I have tried sysutils/fusefs-ntfs (version 1.0) and had a maximum write
speed of 1.2MB/Sec. Reading is a little faster: 2MB/Sec.

There were some discussions about this in the ntfs-3g forums, and they
said was fixed in the new beta version (now it's stable, see official
site), note that by default it uses an option that is not available on
FreeBSD's mount_fusefs, so try with "-o no_def_opts".

http://forum.ntfs-3g.org/viewtopic.php?p=1330&sid=8e59dcb7050a15378eb93d5659c04409

It makes no difference for me. However I found the following which says
"the reason for the slow copy on FreeBSD is the lack of buffer cache
for block devices which should be solved in FreeBSD 7.0", and mentions
"ublio", a library for user space cache which can be used with it, made
by the author of fuse4bsd. The rest of the thread is irrelevant for the
matter. Is this change going to be MFC'ed to RELENG_6?

http://forum.ntfs-3g.org/viewtopic.php?p=1153&sid=cde9378447762e86345a89130fd267d5

Unfortunately I couldn't make it work, if someone has time, please take
a look. It would be really appreciated.

I tried contacting the port maintainer and fuse4bsd/libublio author
without response.

Also I have posted this to freebsd-hackers@ without response, maybe
this is the right place for this kind of discussions.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ale

P.S.: please CC me as I'm not subscribed.

  • RE: Hogwash
    ... but I've come to expect more from the FreeBSD project. ... I don't know what the official response will be, ... restrict ssh access to a limited number of hosts. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Great Tip Regarding Asking Questions at FreeBSD
    ... I am really enjoying learning the FreeBSD op system and I try to figure ... Please see my response to Dave's message. ... I have a network ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Hacked or not ?
    ... I'm currently moving from chkrootkit 0.41 ot 0.43 maybe it will help! ... Here I and they need a response to stop polluting the mailing list! ... >> complain on each successive version of FreeBSD. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • sysutils/fusefs-ntfs: slow reading/writing speed
    ... I have tried sysutils/fusefs-ntfs and had a maximum write ... Reading is a little faster: ... for block devices which should be solved in FreeBSD 7.0", ... "ublio", a library for user space cache which can be used with it, made ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • RE: TIME_WAIT Assassination in FreeBSD???
    ... not state any impact to FreeBSD and so I am unlikely to get a response on ... So you're much more likely to get help on an AIX list. ... question also exists on FreeBSD. ... Nothin' ever doesn't change, but nothin' changes much. ...
    (freebsd-hackers)