Problem recreating Virtual Hosts settings from Windows to BSD

From: william nova (william_nova_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 06/23/03

    To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
    Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 02:19:49 -0400

    I was using Apache 2 on Windows 2003 server.

    I had 2 virtual hosts running, using no-ip for DNS resolution along with a
    NO-IP referral entry for each (since my ISP blocks port 80)

    The virtual hosts config portion of httpd.conf looked like:

    NameVirtualHost *

    <VirtualHost *>
    DocumentRoot "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\site1"
    ServerName site1.no-ip.com
    </VirtualHost>

    <VirtualHost *>
    DocumentRoot "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\site2"
    ServerName site2no-ip.com
    </VirtualHost>

    Very simple. And it worked.

    Now I'm using Apache 1.3.27_4 on FreeBSD 4.8

    I am trying to recreate the
    same exact configuration on my new box. It just won't work, even though
    the config is identical, barring the path to the files.

    NameVirtualHost *

    <VirtualHost *>
    DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/data/site1
    ServerName site1.no-ip.com
    </VirtualHost>

    <VirtualHost *>
    DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/data/site2
    ServerName site2.no-ip.com
    </VirtualHost>

    When I put the name for site2 into any browser, I get site1's index.html
    page. I have gone thru the Apache docs for the current version I am using,
    but nothing seems to be helping. It's allmost as though the settings for
    site2 are not even being looked at. I know that httpd itself is working,
    cos I am being served pages from DocumentRoot; and I know the DNS is
    working; does anybody have any suggestions as to what could be causing only
    my virtual hosts to not work on this particular configuration of Apache and
    OS?