Problem recreating Virtual Hosts settings from Windows to BSD

From: william nova (william_nova_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 06/23/03

    To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
    Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 02:19:49 -0400

    I was using Apache 2 on Windows 2003 server.

    I had 2 virtual hosts running, using no-ip for DNS resolution along with a
    NO-IP referral entry for each (since my ISP blocks port 80)

    The virtual hosts config portion of httpd.conf looked like:

    NameVirtualHost *

    <VirtualHost *>
    DocumentRoot "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\site1"
    ServerName site1.no-ip.com
    </VirtualHost>

    <VirtualHost *>
    DocumentRoot "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\site2"
    ServerName site2no-ip.com
    </VirtualHost>

    Very simple. And it worked.

    Now I'm using Apache 1.3.27_4 on FreeBSD 4.8

    I am trying to recreate the
    same exact configuration on my new box. It just won't work, even though
    the config is identical, barring the path to the files.

    NameVirtualHost *

    <VirtualHost *>
    DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/data/site1
    ServerName site1.no-ip.com
    </VirtualHost>

    <VirtualHost *>
    DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/data/site2
    ServerName site2.no-ip.com
    </VirtualHost>

    When I put the name for site2 into any browser, I get site1's index.html
    page. I have gone thru the Apache docs for the current version I am using,
    but nothing seems to be helping. It's allmost as though the settings for
    site2 are not even being looked at. I know that httpd itself is working,
    cos I am being served pages from DocumentRoot; and I know the DNS is
    working; does anybody have any suggestions as to what could be causing only
    my virtual hosts to not work on this particular configuration of Apache and
    OS?

    • Re: Why wont this script run??
      ... I reinstalled apache, and it works. ... > DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm.var index.htm ... DocumentRoot /home/www/html ... ServerName mo.moso.dk ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Why wont this script run??
      ... I forgot to say that if i start httpd by hand, ... I reinstalled apache, and it works. ... DocumentRoot /home/www/html ... ServerName mo.moso.dk ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: apache2 web server
      ... ServerName fffff.st-and.ac.uk/qwert ... DocumentRoot /var/www/qwert ... On 23/04/14 13:50, Marius Gedminas wrote: ... When I define my virtual hosts in ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: Question regarding Apache !!!!
      ... On May 5, 2004 10:39 pm, Muhammad Rizwan Khan wrote: ... It looks like you are mixing named and IP based virtual hosts. ... "ServerName" "ServerAlias" that is used to ID them): ... DocumentRoot /var/www_rae/html ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: loaded latest edition of Apache http server on XP, and installed php on that server...
      ... You need to specify the document root (the directory that Apache will ... Once you set up your "DocumentRoot", place the files you want to run in ... ServerName www.glassangel.com.com:80 ... I suggest you take out all other extensions and add them back one at a time until you get the error again. ...
      (comp.lang.php)