Checking out a single port

From: Roop Nanuwa (roop_at_hqst.com)
Date: 01/25/04

    Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:29:45 -0800
    To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

    Hello,
           On my firewall/gateway I have very limited disk space so I can't
    afford to have the entire
    ports tree checked out. I would like to be able to check out the
    skeleton for a single port
    so I can install just that when need be (I do have the base required
    files for the ports tree
    installed). Problem is that it seems that using CVSup, I can only update
    a particular ports
    directory (i.e. ports-security) not particular ports.

    As an example, say I want to install OpenBSD's pf that's been ported to
    FreeBSD. Can I
    get the files in
    /usr/ports/securty/pf
    without having to get all the files in other directories of
    /usr/ports/security as well?

    Just to save some time with responses that I know will come:
    - I want to install from source so binary packages from pkg_add is not a
    (wanted) choice
    - I know that the compile will choke if I'm missing the ports info for
    the required dependencies.

    Thanks.

    • Re: subversion on FreeBSD 4.10
      ... I've upgraded all the ports including perl. ... # CFLAGS controls the compiler settings used when compiling C code. ... # or supported for compiling the world or the kernel - please revert any ... # To avoid running MAKEDEV all on /dev during install: ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: newest PHP port upgrade broke php5-mbstring-5.0.1 ?
      ... # CFLAGS controls the compiler settings used when compiling C code. ... # or supported for compiling the world or the kernel - please revert any ... # certain ports. ... # To avoid running MAKEDEV all on /dev during install: ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Unhappy Xorg upgrade
      ... | It seems to me that you want to run a stable branch, while the ports ... |> When I install the old packages, I can no longer rebuild and install ... I have a separate csup ports ... to the old ports tree in case of a bad new X? ...
      (freebsd-stable)
    • Re: Cant install WindowMaker
      ... ports tree is up to date, ... After you have successfully brought up your ports tree to the ... again, but if I understood you correctly, getting WindowMaker ... I've been able to successfully install ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Questions about updating...
      ... Since ssh is part of the base install .. ... >>the system tree and the ports tree? ... When you build from a port, it essentially builds the package ...
      (freebsd-questions)