Checking out a single port

From: Roop Nanuwa (roop_at_hqst.com)
Date: 01/25/04

    Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:29:45 -0800
    To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

    Hello,
           On my firewall/gateway I have very limited disk space so I can't
    afford to have the entire
    ports tree checked out. I would like to be able to check out the
    skeleton for a single port
    so I can install just that when need be (I do have the base required
    files for the ports tree
    installed). Problem is that it seems that using CVSup, I can only update
    a particular ports
    directory (i.e. ports-security) not particular ports.

    As an example, say I want to install OpenBSD's pf that's been ported to
    FreeBSD. Can I
    get the files in
    /usr/ports/securty/pf
    without having to get all the files in other directories of
    /usr/ports/security as well?

    Just to save some time with responses that I know will come:
    - I want to install from source so binary packages from pkg_add is not a
    (wanted) choice
    - I know that the compile will choke if I'm missing the ports info for
    the required dependencies.

    Thanks.