Checking out a single port

From: Roop Nanuwa (roop_at_hqst.com)
Date: 01/25/04

    Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:29:45 -0800
    To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

    Hello,
           On my firewall/gateway I have very limited disk space so I can't
    afford to have the entire
    ports tree checked out. I would like to be able to check out the
    skeleton for a single port
    so I can install just that when need be (I do have the base required
    files for the ports tree
    installed). Problem is that it seems that using CVSup, I can only update
    a particular ports
    directory (i.e. ports-security) not particular ports.

    As an example, say I want to install OpenBSD's pf that's been ported to
    FreeBSD. Can I
    get the files in
    /usr/ports/securty/pf
    without having to get all the files in other directories of
    /usr/ports/security as well?

    Just to save some time with responses that I know will come:
    - I want to install from source so binary packages from pkg_add is not a
    (wanted) choice
    - I know that the compile will choke if I'm missing the ports info for
    the required dependencies.

    Thanks.

    • Re: subversion on FreeBSD 4.10
      ... I've upgraded all the ports including perl. ... # CFLAGS controls the compiler settings used when compiling C code. ... # or supported for compiling the world or the kernel - please revert any ... # To avoid running MAKEDEV all on /dev during install: ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: newest PHP port upgrade broke php5-mbstring-5.0.1 ?
      ... # CFLAGS controls the compiler settings used when compiling C code. ... # or supported for compiling the world or the kernel - please revert any ... # certain ports. ... # To avoid running MAKEDEV all on /dev during install: ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Unhappy Xorg upgrade
      ... | It seems to me that you want to run a stable branch, while the ports ... |> When I install the old packages, I can no longer rebuild and install ... I have a separate csup ports ... to the old ports tree in case of a bad new X? ...
      (freebsd-stable)
    • Re: Cant install WindowMaker
      ... ports tree is up to date, ... After you have successfully brought up your ports tree to the ... again, but if I understood you correctly, getting WindowMaker ... I've been able to successfully install ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: cvs vs. DVD
      ... how do i transfer the updated ports tree to the other machine using ... Then on the netdead machine do the make buildworld, make kernel, etc. to ... distributions which are no longer necessary to recreate the ports you have ... It is possible to install from disc ...
      (freebsd-questions)