Re: Blackberry & Sendmail

From: Jim Durham (durham_at_jcdurham.com)
Date: 08/08/04

    To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
    Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 10:31:31 -0400

    On Tuesday 03 August 2004 02:50 pm, Mike Hogsett wrote:
    > This is not entirely on-topic for the FreeBSD list (except my
    > mail server is FreeBSD).
    >
    > Does anyone know of a solution to allow secure mail forwarding to a
    > blackberry similar to the enterprise solutions for MS exchange,
    > and Lotus Notes?

    Sorry I'm late in replying, but I don't read this list much any more due to
    time constraints...8-) .

    I guess I don't quite understand the question, not having any experience with
    either system's "secure" mail forwarding. We have several executives with
    Blackberrys and no complaints.

    What I do is use procmail and put in a rule that delivers to the person's
    blackberry address and then continues to deliver to the default mailbox
    in /var/mail.

    In ~/.procmailrc....

    :0 c
    ! user@attwireless.blackberry.net

    :0
    ${default}

    To do this, you set up procmail from ports and then rewrite the sendmail.mc
    file to use procmail as the local deliver agent.

    Since the mail is plain text anyway, I don't understand the 'secure'
    question..

    Hope this helps..

    -JIm