Boot manager problem

From: Claudiu Bichir (claudiubichir_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 09/24/04

    Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 12:45:08 -0700 (PDT)
    To: questions@freebsd.org

    Hello guys!
    I have 2 partitions on my hard drive (ad0) one with Windows XP, the other one with FreeBSD 5.0. Like usual I had problems with windows and I had to format the first partition and reinstall windows. But as you know the instalation deleted the FreeBSD boot manager. I rebooted with a FreeBSD cd and typed "fdisk -b /boot/boot0 ad0" which indeed brought the boot manager back but even now when I press F2 ( the key assigned to FreeBSD) it beeps instead of booting the system.
    Is there a problem with the disk geometry ? Because if it is then I'm pretty helpless,I am a newbie regarding this OS.
    Can I recover my data or do I have to delete the whole FreeBSD partition and reinstall the OS ?

    • Boot manager problems
      ... Is there a problem with the disk geometry? ... Because if it is then I'm pretty helpless,I am a newbie regarding this OS. ... Can I recover my data or do I have to delete the whole FreeBSD partition and reinstall the OS? ... To unsubscribe, ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • RE: Recover Yahoo MEssenger password
      ... :Does anyone know of any method or tool to recover Yahoo ... to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Taming the mailing lists?
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Hypercomputation is physically possible
      ... > That you put up a group on yahoo with that name is no proof that ... > hypercomputation is physically possible. ... As we say in my country: "Short jokes, ... So, I shall send you the pwd, then you'll recover your identity (at ...
      (comp.theory)
    • Re: [Full-disclosure] FIXED CODE - IIS 6 Remote Buffer Overflow Exploit(was broken)
      ... it's "Smashing the Stick" you ... you are such a newbie. ... >> Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam ...
      (Full-Disclosure)