x server abort

hi,
these days I encountered some problem with my xorg 6.8 server. What I
remember now is that after I upgrade my apps by "portmanager -u", somehow
the X server failed during the launch of some apps, like bzflag and vmd. I
checked the xorg.log file, and the only thing I got is:
[snip]
(WW) fcntl(10, O_ASYNC): Inappropriate ioctl for device

*** If unresolved symbols were reported above, they might not
*** be the reason for the server aborting.

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11. Server aborting

Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support at http://wiki.X.Org for
help.
Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional
information.
[snip]
not so much to debug. I am running 6.0-STABLE and all my xorg installation
are current as checked by portmanager. The only old install is
xorg-fontserver-6.8.2, which has a newer version as 6.8.2_1, thx!!

TFC

  • Re: D8: first impression and uneasy feeling... (long)
    ... pack server apps and gui apps. ... I think people that defends .net here is people doing mostly server ... Borland has an incredible potential here, but it has to realize there ... with a .NET server and a win32 client. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: 64-bit - the desaster continues ...
    ... > Server operating systems. ... that hosts ten thousands of mailboxes, server apps using large ... I don't see any competitors rushing out to implement 64-bit ... shipped two 64-bit operating systems compiled with this compiler, ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Permissions Chart ?? or web site ??
    ... The environments I deal in tend to have tens of thousands of file shares and thousands of local site admins, 99% of whom don't really understand in the slightest bit how Windows works so the most secure way of doing things is the most simple to understand easily automated way. ... In fact, in most environments I have to work on file share stuff for, I redirect them from ad hoc shares to three types of shares per server and the local site admins don't even have to understand what a share is let alone properly configure it. ... One single share per server for apps run from the servers. ...
  • Re: adding a terminal server
    ... you will need the applications residing on the terminal server. ... I'm assuming the apps ... be a backstep to run apps and all local users and remote users. ...
  • Re: How do I fix OMA on SBS2003?
    ... Some of the earlier WM5 devices through Verizon & Sprint required you to run a special utility on the phone to install your self-signed cert successfully ... As far as OMA is concerned - I would double check to make sure it is using the same ASP.NET version as the other apps in whatever IIS Application Pool it is using. ... "Activesync encountered a problem on the server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)