Installing freebsd 5.4 release
- From: Surekha <b.surekha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 17:01:23 +0530
I have been working on linux but new to Free BSD.
I am facing some problem in installing FreeBSD 5.4 release.
I downloaded the following source code
and tried to install on a machine which already has FreeBSD 5.2.1 release.
But I am getting some error as follows:
* ERROR: version of config(8) does not match kernel!
config version = 500012, version required = 500013
Make sure that /usr/src/usr.sbin/config is in sync
with your /usr/src/sys and install a new config binary
before trying this again.
If running the new config fails check your config
file against the GENERIC or LINT config files for
changes in config syntax, or option/device naming
I don't have the source code of FreeBSD 5.2.1 release. Please help me in
Thanks & Regards,
freebsd-questions@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: unicode?
- Next by Date: Re: Can't seem to boot from 6.0-RELEASE
- Previous by thread: unicode?
- Next by thread: Re: WinSCP mega-slowness