Problems with Vim 6.3.85 (vim6+ruby)
- From: Jim Freeze <jimfreeze@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 12:52:31 -0600
I just installed FBSD 6.0 and installed vim6+ruby from ports.
This is a clean system with nothing on it.
When I run vim, I get what looks like character codes instead of letters.
For example, immediately after opening vim, I get
Typing ':q' to quit gives me:
Have I set something up wrong or is vim getting the wrong terminal type?
I get the same behavior if TERM is either 'xterm' or 'xterm-color', but not
if it is set to 'ansi', but then I don't get color.
I have never had to worry about this before.
Any help appreciated.
freebsd-questions@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: RE: Trouble searching mailing list archives
- Next by Date: Re: More Server Crash Saga
- Previous by thread: PF and VPN/Hamachi
- Next by thread: saslauthd with sendmail