Re: Switch from SATA-RAID to gmirror?

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 01:13:02PM +0200, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 11:52:55AM +0100, Ashley Moran wrote:
I've just installed a new server with gmirror and I like it. I've got an
identical server running on-board RAID currently. Can I split the array
in
the BIOS, install gmirror on disk 1, reboot, and add the second disk in?
Or

i think - just YES. no problem
Also, he need to tweak /etc/fstab before and after he goes to gmirror

  • Re: Switch from SATA-RAID to gmirror?
    ... Can I split the array in ... the BIOS, install gmirror on disk 1, reboot, and add the second disk in? ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Switch from SATA-RAID to gmirror?
    ... the BIOS, install gmirror on disk 1, reboot, and add the second disk in? ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: LILO with root-raid nightmare - please help.