Does NDISulator work on amd64? Has anyone made this work?

I have a Compac Presario V2607CL notebook with a Turion chip. I have 6.1-RELEASE for amd64 loaded.
It is running fine. But I'm trying toget the built in Broadcom wireless working.

I downloaded the driver from hp.com. The .INF file was over 600K but most of that was multiple language
support. (The INF file was in UNICODE). I hacked out all the strings for languages I wasn't interested in and
the whole thing shrunk down to around 47K after I stored it as text rather than as UNICODE.

After thus fixing up the INF file ndiscvt had no complaint and created a header file. The make on the
kernel module proceeded without error messages. There is now an "ndis.ko" file in /boot/kernel.

But when I do
ifconfig ndis0
I get an error message saying that there is no ndis0 interface. I don't know what my next step should be.

  • Re: Does NDISulator work on amd64? Has anyone made this work?
    ... Lorin Lund wrote: ... (The INF file was in UNICODE). ... kernel module proceeded without error messages. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Replace string in .inf file
    ... I would to replace one string by another string an .inf file which was ... I have a script which works with all my test files ... Probably a problem with unicode text because all .inf files begin with: ... Sub ChangeText ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Determining if a string is Unicode
    ... A VB string is a BSTR, which is always unicode. ... but try creating a new INF file on the NT based ... > Dim sText As String ...
  • Re: Does NDISulator work on amd64? Has anyone made this work?
    ... support. ... (The INF file was in UNICODE). ... After thus fixing up the INF file ndiscvt had no complaint and created a ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • SecEdit INF format
    ... Unicode = Yes ... Unicode or ASCII ?? ... I need to be able to edit the INF file using vbscript when moving from ... and I therefore would prefer the file to be in ASCII format... ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)