"The Complete FreeBSD": errata and addenda
- From: grog@xxxxxxxxxxx (Greg Lehey)
- Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 17:02:01 +0000 (UTC)
The trouble with books is that you can't update them the way you can a web page
or any other online documentation. The result is that most leading edge
computer books are out of date almost before they are printed. Unfortunately,
The Complete FreeBSD, published by O'Reilly, is no exception. Inevitably, a
number of bugs and changes have surfaced.
"The Complete FreeBSD" has been through a total of five editions, including its
predecessor "Installing and Running FreeBSD". Two of these have been reprinted
with corrections. I maintain a series of errata pages. Start at
http://www.lemis.com/errata-4.html to find out how to get the errata
Note also that the book has now been released for free download in PDF
form. Instead of downloading the changed pages, you may prefer to
download the entire book. See http://www.lemis.com/grog/Documentation/CFBSD/
for more information.
Have you found a problem with the book, or maybe something confusing?
Please let me know: I'm no longer constantly updating it, but I may be
able to help
freebsd-questions@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: How to get best results from FreeBSD-questions
- Next by Date: Re: BSD::Resource and getrusage(2) [PATCH]
- Previous by thread: How to get best results from FreeBSD-questions
- Next by thread: "The Complete FreeBSD": errata and addenda