More FreeBSD 6.1: open(/dev/lpt0, O_WRONLY) hangs up
- From: george+freebsd@xxxxxxx
- Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 21:55:07 -0700 (PDT)
More information about my /dev/lpt0 problem:
1. Enabling or disabling ACPI has no effect.
2. If I boot up in single user mode, I can cat a file to /dev/lpt0
and it prints on the printer.
3. Once I go to mutliuser mode, open("/dev/lpt0",O_WRONLY) hangs
forever whether I start lpd or not.
4. If I "shutdown now" to get back to single user mode and then
"cat datafile >/dev/lpt0", it hangs until I type control-C, at which
point the shell says: "cannot create /dev/lpt0: Interrupted system call"
(which really means, looking at the code in /usr/src/bin/sh/redir.c,
"cannot OPEN /dev/lpt0").
Help! -- George Mitchell
freebsd-questions@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx"
- Prev by Date: Re: linux-firefox : cups printers not found
- Next by Date: Cannot upgrade TCL port
- Previous by thread: vmware / vmplayer on freebsd?
- Next by thread: Cannot upgrade TCL port