Cannot upgrade TCL port

My system is FreeBSD 6.0. After running

portupgrade -aP

it start upgrading Tcl. After compilation, it starts making tests like the one below. Each test times out after some minutes. It would take a day to run all the tests. Why they are failing? How can I disable the tests? The main problem is that there are other packages depending on TCL, and portupgrade won't upgrade them because TCL fails to upgrade. Please help.

Laszlo

fileName.test
fileSystem.test
for-old.test
for.test
foreach.test
format.test
get.test
history.test
http.test

==== http-3.3 http::geturl FAILED
==== Contents of test case:

set token [http::geturl $url]
http::data $token

---- Test generated error; Return code was: 1
---- Return code should have been one of: 0 2
---- errorInfo: couldn't open socket: connection timed out
while executing
"http::geturl $url"
invoked from within
"set token [http::geturl $url]"
("uplevel" body line 2)
invoked from within
"uplevel 1 $script"
---- errorCode: NONE
==== http-3.3 FAILED

** Command failed [exit code 2]: /usr/bin/script -qa /tmp/portupgrade47538.0 env PORT_UPGRADE=yes make PORT_UPGRADE=yes
** Fix the problem and try again.

  • Tcl is blameless, apparently
    ... subsystem I'm responsible for, ... fell on a recent Tcl version upgrade, but apparently it wasn't the culprit. ... workstations running Solaris 9 instead of a mix of HP-UX boxen and X ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: What OO extension for 8.6?
    ... There is no need to upgrade to Tcl 8.6 for them, ... won't supply the original code so we can hunt ... But right now, we have vague ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Weird lappend issue...
    ... Andreas is correct - the "corruption" I was referring to was ... be OK before and after the append. ... Regarding the use of Tcl 8.3.x...I am constrained to use this version ... can only upgrade if and when the other application is upgraded. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: problem sending a file with fcopy
    ... Just upgrade to the latest 8.4.x and 8.5.x. ... driven programming model that makes Tcl so powerful. ... (Moreover you only need the fix on the client, ... using our free time' :-) so I just need the quick solution. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Advice about cvsup ports-all upgrading
    ... I'd like to have an advice about how to behave in case I want to upgrade ... expecially if I use to cvsup all my ports tree. ... So if I portupgrade -r a it would try to upgrade the dependency first, ... make PREFIX=/usr/home/example/local install ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)