Re: [IMPORTANT] Adaptec no longer supporting iir(4) driver ...

A quick follow up on this email ... please note that I have not, in this email, pointed to anything but the iir(4) driver, and, more specifically, the GDT controller card ...

I have been using Adaptec products since the early 90's, and, until upgrading to FreeBSD 6.x, *never* had a complaint with them ... this email was meant to be a 'caveat emptor' for anyone looking to use the iir(4) driver, and is not meant to apply to *all* Adaptec cards, as they don't all use the iir(4) driver ...

Apologies to all who took this as a broad attack against Adaptec, it was not meant as such ...